Thursday, October 18, 2012

Currently...

Obsessing over: Jack is having surgery again next week. It's not a HUGE deal, but for us it is. He'll be getting his tubes back in his ears and his adenoids out on the 26th. He had tubes put in last year in the summer, so this won't be such a shock, but it is still zero fun. And I'm still very nervous about the whole thing. I know this doctor is amazing and I know that Jack will be fine, but that's my baby. My baby. MY BABY.
Anticipating: Well, see above. Also, my mom is coming in for this. I feel so very bad for it, but I'm so so grateful she's coming. We had planned a weekend to Houston with some of the ladies in my family for the weekend and well, that's gone for me. And now my mom. I'd been planning for it a few months now and there is just ONE place that I'm pretty disappointed about not going to. I'll go one day...
Working on: Enjoying the fall and not forgetting my birthday Saturday. With all the anticipation of this doctor's appointment and what he was going to say and now what he did say and now surgery to get ready for, I almost just said forget about it. Forget my birthday this year, let's just focus on Jack and what's to come. But we all need a little break. So, I kept our family portrait session with Maryum and we have plans to go back to the pumpkin patch that day and maybe the movies. It is MY birthday afterall :]
Thinking about: uhh... see above.
Watching: Downton Abbey. Gossip Girl. Grey's Anatomy. Private Practice. America's Next Top Model. Glee. Nashville. Have I mentioned I love the fall lineups?
Reading: I've been trying to re-read The Hobbit, but having it on my Kindle, I forget about it. I'm hoping to get a hard copy of it again this week. I have all the other LOTR books in paperback, so it just makes sense to have The Hobbit.
Listening to: Mumford & Sons, Band of Horses, Sucre, Dave Matthews, The Black Keys, Florence & the Machine, Kid Cudi, and The Weeknd!
 Eating: I've recently bought almost every PUMPKIN item Trader Joe's has. So that. Plus all that yummy stuff in the photo up there. They were all picked from our amazing garden this week. I am beyond proud of Jeremy and myself for keeping up with it and making it our baby. Plus, it was so good. Better than store bought!
Wishing: I had some good GOOD French macarons. I was dying to go to Revival Market next weekend to get some, plus some pickled beets. I have literally had this on my HAVE TO DO list for months and months. It's a little bit of a let down to not be able to go, but I'll find a way!!

(Thank you to Danielle at Sometimes Sweet for this idea! I love it!) 

No comments: