Friday, August 31, 2012

Long weekend...

This long weekend is going to be filled with BBQ, tea and coffee drinking, coloring, blogging, playing cars, gardening with tons of bug spray on, baking, picture taking, movies, and lots of cuddling, relaxing, and laughing.

We're getting take out from my FAVORITE BBQ place tonight and I haven't been this excited to eat! It's right next to our new place, which is awesome. They have the best ribs and the best brocolli slaw ever. We'll probably pick up a good 6-pack of beer on the way home, too. I heard my ALL-TIME FAVORITE BEER IS OUT! Dogfish Head Punkin Ale. I only had 1 six-pack last year and was really sad when I couldn't find it anymore.

We recently planted some cauliflower and brussle sprouts in our little garden. They are doing so well. We had a spaghetti squash for dinner last week sometime, so Jeremy saved a few seeds. It was just an experiement to see if they would grow... Well. They are our biggest seedlings at the moment. And SO pretty! I planted some broccoli when we first started the garden and nothing took. I'm going to replace the broccoli with carrots this weekend along with adding a bunch of dirt to the whole garden. It's a little too shallow. So far we will have: spaghetti squash, peppers, spinach, kale, beets, quinoa, brussle sprouts, cauliflower, and carrots! We also have a cucumber plant and a strawberry that are doing amazing. We are hoping to FINALLY eat something out of our garden soonish.

Dallas/Ft. Worth has had a crazy amount of West Nile deaths and we're pretty nervous being outside. Typical bug spray sucks and I don't like wearing it let alone putting on Jackson. I went out the other day and did a little gardening. When I came back in, I had at least 6 bites. It's scary. We're going to search for a good (hopefully natural) spray. If you have any suggestions, please let me know.

We will probably watch Wall-E 4-5 times, UP 2-3, and maybe some Cars or Peppa Pig. Who knows? I just wish The Avengers was out already. You better believe I pre-ordered the 3D Blueray from Amazon already. Sure did. Any good movie recommendations? I'm a huge movie person but I haven't seen anything I'm liking recently. The new Shia movie looks good, though.

Well, I hope everyone has a great weekend whether or not is a long one. :]

No comments: