Thursday, June 7, 2012

Currently...


Obsessing over... absolutely nothing. I'm starting a new job on the 18th and I am not stressing over anything! I am getting out of the cooking world. With my current position, I've learned a lot and I am so grateful for it. But with it, I've also learned that a professional kitchen is very much NOT for me. I'm not good at handling all the pressure. I want to be able to come home and be done with work for the day. I don't like waking up and thinking of all the bad that will happen that day. This is such a good change for me and my family. I will be an administrative assistant and get to wear all my cute clothes. I'm really excited to finally start! I can't wait to have a job that ends at 5 o'clock.

Anticipating... a couple things. One is my new job...duh. Two is... well my little family and I are patiently waiting for a duplex down the street from my in-law's to open up. Our lease was up on our apartment so we are staying with them until it opens. It has... wait for it... A BACKYARD! You have no idea how excited we are about it. We've never had a backyard and we have so many plans. Raised garden beds, a little play thing for Jack, and a dog door are just a few things. We cannot wait. 

Working on... saving a little bit of money. Since we don't have rent to pay for the next couple months, we want to save some money and we have no reason not too. So, no trips to Target or Starbucks for a while for me. I'm kind of really sad about the Starbucks since that's my number one guilty pleasure, but it'll be worth it. (Gift cards are always welcome... JUST KIDDING...sort of).

Watching... last night we stayed up a little too late and watched Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows 2. No matter how many times I watch that movie (or any of them) I fall in love all over again. I'm thinking a HP tattoo is going to happen....

Thinking about... what to wear for my first day of work! The company I will be working for is actually in the same building as the cafe I was working in. No one has ever seen me in normal-not-chef-uniform clothes. This will be fun! 

Reading... I just finished all three 50 Shades of Grey and now I'm working on Summer in the City. It's the newest prequel to Sex and the City. I just love those ladies.

Listening to... Sucre. I recently got my vinyl in and it's perfect. I pre-ordered the Red Velvet edition. It was such a fun package to get. The vinyl is so pretty and all the art is great. 

Eating... popcorn and watching Top Gear at the moment....

Wishing... my mom was coming soon. She actually might be! And shopping. I wish I could go shopping.

(Thank you to Danielle at Sometimes Sweet for this idea! I love it!)       

No comments: