Sunday, February 19, 2012

Quiche // Recipe


I really like making quiches. They are a great way to clean out the fridge if you have a lot of fresh vegetables. They work well with frozen vegetables too.

We usually have a lot of veggies in the fridge, but we tend to never use them all. 
I decided that I wasn't going to let that happen.. ever again. 

Ok ok. I lied. I just planned to make a quiche and happened to buy a pie crust that week. 

Here's what I did....

Pepper, onion, mushroom, and cheddar quiche

1 1/2 cups peppers, chopped
1/2 onion, chopped
2 cups mushrooms, chopped
1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
6-8 eggs
2-3 tablespoons flour
1-1 1/2 cups cream or milk
frozen pie crust

Saute the onions, peppers, and mushrooms in a little bit of olive oil or butter until they are soft. Cool them down.
In a blender or with a whisk, beat the eggs, milk, and flour together. Don't forget to season the egg mixture. It's the only chance you'll get.
In the bottom of the pie crust, put all the pepper mixture then sprinkle with some cheese.
Then add the egg mixture until it fills the entire pie crust. 
Sprinkle with cheese.
Bake at 350 degrees for about 20-30 minutes or until the middle of the quiche springs back when touched.

*Tip: I always place the pie crust pan on a sheet tray in case of overflow. 

No comments: