Sunday, March 9, 2014

Sunday Dinner Idea // Salmon

Now that I am home all day, I have to schedule my time pretty well to get everything done. Nap time is my prime hustle time. During one of Mason's long naps, I prep everything for dinner. What I have figures out is that if we buy just random groceries, I can't make dinner. Meal planning is something that is too hard for me. I don't like having a meal schedule throughout the week. What usually happens is I make the plan, then don't follow-through and get stuck with groceries I waste. What we do is buy a bunch of different proteins, vegetables, and a few starches. With these groceries, I can put together dinner pretty easily.

Last night's dinner was, not to toot my own horn, but TOOOOT! I made baked salmon with herbed compound butter, steamed purple cauliflower, and sauteed zucchini and squash.

 I love the way chopped herbs look and well, smell. Herbs are something that I always try to keep on hand. They can make a meal or dish much better. We usually buy parsley and cilantro. We have dill and mint plants.
 Compound butter is my favorite. You can make so many different kinds for so many different dishes. This one had parsley and dill.
And this stuff. If you have a Melting Pot anywhere near you, get some. It's so worth it.
 It's just so pretty.
 Chopped parsley. I always chop extra in case I need some while I cook.
All done. So good!

No comments: